Business Aviation Handling and Fixed-Base Operations, FBO (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 83 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn the special ground service requirements for business aviation aircraft handling.
The business aviation sector handles more than 31,000 aircraft worldwide (EBAA), and this important niche market requires a high level of service and customization from fixed-base operators. Learn best practices in commercial airline ground operations to build a profitable business model. Equip yourself to meet client expectations and deliver consistent service.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPP-38
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have basic knowledge of ground operations
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
France, Paris (IATA)
1 - 3 December, 2021
Register before 31 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 10 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132057
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Improve service offering through new services and business ideas
Make better decisions about outsourcing services, leasing of equipment and front line staff management
Analyze the operational and management requirements specific to business aviation for efficient operations
Identify the differences between standard ground services and FBO activities
Analyze the economic role of business aviation in the air transport industry
- The FBO business concept
FBO and common use facilities
In-house or outsourcing?
- Airport and ground operations
Private aircraft characteristics
GSE equipment characteristics
Standard services during turnaround
Special services and catering
- Commercial and marketing
- Marketing of FBO services
The use of IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) in business aviation
Standard charge notes and the issue of damage liability
Customer service concept in business aviation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Ground Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: