CORSIA - Technical Aviation Knowledge for Verifiers (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 46 participants from 7 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn the aviation-specific knowledge that you will need to become an accredited verifier for ICAO’s Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA). For CORSIA, verifiers must be accredited to ISO 14065:2013 and demonstrate additional CORSIA-specific technical competencies. Over 4 days you will gain aviation-specific competencies that you will need to verify emissions reports under CORSIA to identify potential misstatements and non-conformities, as well as learn the requirements under Annex 16, volume IV, of the Chicago Convention; general technical processes in the field of civil aviation; aviation fuels and related processes; fuel use monitoring and measurement devices and procedures; and data management systems and controls.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALL-19
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- No prerequisites are needed, but experience in verification is preferable
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
2 - 5 November, 2021
Register before 02 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 12 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 146444
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain verification requirements in CORSIA
- Assess the scope and complexity of a verification
- Assess the risks related to the monitoring of fuel data and prepare a verification plan
- Identify key information to verify an operator’s emissions report
- CORSIA fuel monitoring requirements
- CORSIA verification requirements
- Fuel measurement equipment and procedures
- Data collection processes and software
- Case studies
- In-classroom exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.