Aircraft Turnaround Coordination and Loading Supervision (Classroom, 4 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 244 participants from 34 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Lead your ramp team in the consistent servicing and turnaround of multiple aircraft types. Learn the essential technical procedures for aircraft handling and loading to optimize the use of ground service equipment and manpower. In this 4-day course you will also learn how to build a safety culture and ensure consistent on-time performance (OTP).
This course is also available with a RampVR™ module. IATA’s RampVR™, the latest “plug-and-play” virtual reality training solution for ground operations,
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPG-57
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport operations
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Peru, Lima (IATA)
12 - 15 October, 2021
Register before 21 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 21 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 131961
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Germany, Frankfurt (FRA-RTP)
26 - 29 October, 2021
Register before 05 Oct, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 05 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 131993
This class is offered in cooperation with FRAPORT.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Manage the off-loading/ loading procedures of aircraft
- Manage the full turnaround of aircraft, coordinating resources and processes
- Apply best practices to be safe, punctual and commercially successful in turnaround services
- Understand and apply the safety and punctuality aspects of loading operations
- Design and offer consistent services according to widely accepted IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) and IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) standards
- Take a leading role in your ramp team
- Airside and ramp safety
- Aircraft handling operations
- Aircraft movement
- Turnaround plan
- Aircraft loading functions
- Load control functions
- High efficiency factors
Every participant receives a complimentary electronic copy of the latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
*Please check the system requirements and technical specifications
for the installation of the IGOM
The IGOM software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license) represents a value of $141 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground handling managers and supervisors
- Station supervisors
- Ramp and turnaround coordinators
- Loading supervisors and load controllers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: