IMPORTANT DELIVERY INFORMATION
Agents who have ordered and paid for a printed ID Card, please be advised that due to the COVID-19 outbreak including other restrictive measures imposed by local governments, delivery times may be longer than usually anticipated. Delivery service is not available for agents outside of Canada and the US starting Nov 15, 2021. The digital ID Card is accessible to all cardholders on the AgentExperience app.
The IATA/IATAN ID Card is the preferred means of recognition of travel professionals by the Industry. In order to assist industry suppliers in the management, distribution, and control of their industry concessions; the ID Card is often used to safely and efficiently verify a bona fide IATA travel agent via .
The ID Card contains the following information:
- Name of the cardholder
- Verification Number / VER # (10-digit code for each individual working at an IATA Travel Agency)
- Photo of the cardholder
- IATA Agency Codes
- Name of the Agency
- Card expiry date
- Other pertinent information to the cardholder
In addition to the global recognition and instant validation of IATA Travel Agent status on , cardholders can also benefit from the following:
- Education - save up to 50% on selected IATA Training courses.
- Industry concessionaries and incentives - enjoy exclusive travel agent rates from suppliers (hotels, airlines, car rental companies, cruise lines, attractions, etc) while learning about their products and services. Visit for more details.
- Travel insurance - US and Canadian cardholders automatically receive Travel Accident Protection (Accidental Death & Dismemberment) in the amount of $35,000 (underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company). Visit for more details.
- Exclusive invitation to IATA Travel Agent Webinar.
Bonafide travel professionals, devoting a minimum of 20 hours per week in the administration, marketing, finance, operations, and/or sale of travel. ID Card applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be remunerated (salary and/or on a commission basis) by the agency. Please refer to the Eligibility Criteria for more details.
For agents based in the US, please visit the .
Note: Some agencies may choose to have additional internal requirements for their employees to get the ID Card such as a probationary period or working hours.
The price of an ID Card may range from USD30.00 to USD70.00 depending on the class of agency you work for (additional courier fees may apply).
Application, Delivery and Validity
The allows non-US based agents to complete the application and pay for the ID Card. Existing cardholders can renew, reprint and change agency by signing with your VER # and IATA Agency code.
For agents based in the US, please visit the .
Please ensure you have the following documents ready before you start the ID Card application online.
- A proof of employment*
- A digital photo
- Taken in the last 12 months, to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, no profiles
- No hats or sunglasses
- Must be at least 300 pixels wide by 400 pixels high
*) US-based agents are not required to provide proof of employment in the ; however, the agency's owner/manager must register all eligible persons working at the agency location by completing the .
You can make a payment online with one of the following credit cards:
- American Express
Please request to change your agency information via the IATA Customer Portal.
Please do not start the ID Card application until the agency information is correctly updated.
Yes. Please be advised that random verification may be conducted based on the agency information we have on file.
- Digital ID Card Delivery:
- US-based cardholders can access the digital ID Card 48 business hours after the payment is made on .
- non-US based cardholders can access the digital ID Card 48 business hours after the application is approved by the ID Card team.
- Physical/Printed ID Card Delivery: Delivery service is not available for agents outside of Canada and the US starting Nov 15, 2021. Candian and US agents who have ordered and paid for a printed ID Card, please be advised that due to the COVID-19 outbreak including other restrictive measures imposed by local governments, delivery times may be longer than usually anticipated.
- Standard delivery: 3 to 6 weeks upon the payment is received for both US and non-US ID Card.
- Expedite delivery: 4 to 8 business days.
If your ID Card has not arrived, you must notify IATA via IATA Customer Portal. Failure to notify IATA at the given time may result in re-printing at your own cost.
Important note: Delivery service is not available for agents outside of Canada and the US starting Nov 15, 2021. The digital ID Card is accessible to all cardholders on the AgentExperience app. Candian and US agents who have ordered and paid for a printed ID Card, please be advised that due to the COVID-19 outbreak including other restrictive measures imposed by local governments, delivery times may be longer than usually anticipated.
For your data protection, we can only send your ID Card to the address registered of the agency. When requesting for your ID Card, please ensure the agency address is accurate in order to avoid delays in delivery or returned mail.
If you are a home-based agent or independent consultant, kindly coordinate with your manager or supervisor to have the ID Card forwarded to you.
CheckACode is a web-based validation system used for IATA Agency Codes and the ID Card Verification Number (VER #).
Once you receive the ID Card, you and suppliers will be able to verify the status of your ID Card. Visit for validation now or contact IATA via IATA Customer Portal to check the status of your ID Card.
The validity of an IATA/IATAN ID Card is 12 months.
Renewal and Changes on ID Card
You can renew the ID Card up to three months prior to the expiry date of the current card. A renewal reminder will be sent to you by email 2 months prior to the expiry date.
For US-based cardholders, please visit .
For non-US based cardholders, please visit .
For non-US based cardholders, please login to with your VER# and the IATA Agency Code of your previous company. Click on "Request Change of Agency" in order to enter the new IATA Agency Code.
For US-based cardholders, please contact the agency's owner/manager to register all eligible persons working at the agency location by completing the .
You can update your email address when renewing your ID Card online; however, should you wish to update the email on file without renewing the ID Card, please advise IATA via IATA Customer Portal.
Reprint the ID Card
In case of loss or theft, you can request and pay to reprint the physical ID Card online.
You may also obtain the digital ID Card free of charge.
Congratulations! For US-based cardholders, please contact the agency's owner/manager to amend your personal details on .
For non-US based cardholders, you can request and pay to reprint on the .
ID Card Online Platform
Photo must be at least 300px by 400px (up to maximum 1020px by 1500px) . Try to restart the ID Card application on another internet browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
If you still experience difficulty with uploading your photo in other internet browsers, please contact us via the IATA Customer Portal to report the issue.
Step 1 requires you to read all of the requirements. In order to proceed past Step 1, please ensure that you select all requirements items are checked.
IATA AgentExperience is an exclusive site allowing valid IATA/IATAN ID Card holders to view special offers from travel and tourism suppliers around the world.
The offers include FAM trips and travel agent rates for hotels, airlines, car rentals, parkings, theme parks, etc. To see the industry offers, visit or download "IATA AgentExperience" app on your Apple or Android mobile device.
You will need to be a valid ID Card holder.
You will need to sign up/register with your VER # and IATA Agency Code found on the ID Card. Once the registration is completed, you can log in with the email address and password you have chosen to use.
Yes, you can reset your password on . But you will need to provide your VER # and AgentExperience login email address.
To request a change of email address for your AgentExperience login, please contact us here.